Thomas Markle slams daughter Meghan for ‘deceiving’ people and ‘telling lies’

Meghan Markle's estranged father says his daughter "deceived" people by claiming she had not given authorisation to a senior aide to brief the authors of her biography.

Thomas Markle slammed his daughter following explosive revelations from her former press secretary Jason Knauf that she was aware of the book Finding Freedom.

The Duchess of Sussex said she had not "remembered" her correspondence with Mr Knauf despite a spokesperson for the Sussexes insisting that they "did not collaborate with the authors on the book, nor were they interviewed for it", Mirror reports.

In a fierce interview on GB News on Thursday evening (11 Nov), her father claimed: "I can't speak too much about this but I think she was trying to deceive.

"I think she was telling lies.

"Finally the truth is coming out and thank god for Jason Knauf."

The 77-year-old also added that he wanted former press secretary Knauf to "come over so I can take him out for a steak".

Meghan has since apologised in a new witness statement, where she accepted that Mr Knauf did in fact brief the authors of Finding Freedom with her knowledge.

  • Fed up mum living in mould-ridden house told 'to just leave' by vicar landlord

She said: "I apologise to the Court for the fact that I had not remembered these exchanges at the time.

"I had absolutely no wish or intention to mislead the Defendant or the Court."

The Duchess also added that had she known about the emails she would have been "more than happy to refer to them" as "strongly" supportive of her case.

In the interview, Thomas claimed Meghan had demanded he stop talking to his two older children and that she had ghosted her family after marrying Prince Harry.

  • Horror social media murders including backpacker Grace Millane killed by Tinder date

Meghan has claimed that her two older half-siblings Samantha and Thomas had said hurtful things about her in the past.

The interview came around the same time Associated Newspapers Limited – the published of the Mail on Sunday – appealed against a summary judgement given earlier this year.

Meghan had successfully sued the company over five articles that reproduced parts of a "personal and private" letter sent to her dad in August 2018.

  • Shark 10ft long circles fishermen trying to catch cod in North Sea

The High Court ruled ANL's publication of Meghan's letter to her father was unlawful, meaning there was no need for a trial.

Mr Markle last appeared on British TV screens at the end of October when he was interviewed on Good Morning Britain.

GMB was quickly hit with 55 Ofcom complaints by viewers unhappy that he had laid into his estranged daughter publicly once again.

The Duchess of Sussex has been the constant target of cutting remarks from her father since her marriage to Prince Harry.

He also tore into the Duke's new tell-all book, which he branded "shameful".

Stay in the loop with all the latest Daily Star news by signing up to one of our free newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article