Teen ‘lucky to be alive’ after horror reaction to Christmas eyebrow tint

A teenager has been told by doctors that she is "lucky to be alive" after suffering a catastrophic reaction from an eyebrow tint on Christmas.

Cheyanne, 14, was left "screaming in pain" after she received a henna eyebrow and lash treatment at a beauty salon in Colchester, Essex last week.

The teen almost lost her eyesight as a result of the horror reaction and was rushed to hospital after she woke up in agony the following day.

Cheyanne's mum Rhia Vikki West said her daughter was put on steroids and pain medication to help ease the severe swelling on Christmas Eve.

She was later sent home but her condition deteriorated overnight when her throat began to swell up, so had to go back to A&E on Christmas Day because she could no longer see.

The teen said: "It was absolutely horrible. I got my eyelashes and eyebrows tinted and I was really excited because I was going to a party and it was Christmas.

"I woke up and my whole face was swollen and I couldn’t see anything, I was so scared and upset.

"The doctors told me I could have lost my eyesight and that I could have died."

  • Botched plastic surgery leaves mum-of-two fighting for life with vital organs perforated

Have you suffered from a horror reaction from a beauty treatment or cosmetic procedure? Share your story at monica.charsley@reachplc.com

Cheyanne remained in hospital for most of Christmas Day, before being sent home to recover.

However, she has since developed painful blisters "that keep popping" on her eyebrows and the hair has begun to fall out, with the teenager fearing it will never grow back.

She said: "I’m starting to feel alright now but my eyebrows are still in a lot of pain and keep falling off and my eyes keep weeping yellow.

"I have loads of blister that keep popping too."

The experience further "ruined" the family's Christmas plans, while Rhia's two older children were stuck at home with Covid-19, both isolating in separate bedrooms.

Rhia was not present when her daughter visited the salon in Colchester and claims the owner rang to ask for her permission to tint Cheyanne's eyebrows and lashes.

  • Terrifying super-rare gonorrhoea strain resistant to antibiotics spreading through UK

However, when the mum did not answer her phone, the salon allegedly settled for getting her grandmother's permission instead.

Rhia said: "Cheyanne won't be able to wear makeup for a long time, can't get tattoos and her eyebrows have started to fall out, she's starting to lose the hair.

"I told them she'd had a reaction – this was before it got really bad – and they offered us a refund and a free treatment and the shop owner has been contacting us non-stop."

She went on: "I want to warn other parents. Always get a patch test but more importantly, remind your children they are already beautiful and don't need treatments like this.

"The heartbreaking thing is that I could have lost my daughter, just for having an eyebrow and eyelash tint.

"She'll never have anything done again, she'll have to wait until she's 21. We're just lucky she's alive and hasn't lost her vision."

To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

Source: Read Full Article