Certain royal fans are angry that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview with Oprah has been nominated for an Emmy – accusing them of “trashing” the monarchy.
The broadcast was listed in the category of Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special on Tuesday, July 13.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex made a series of allegations during the dramatic interview.
At one point, Meghan claimed she was refused help after revealing she had been suffering from suicidal thoughts.
They also alleged that a senior royal had expressed concerns about the colour of Archie’s skin.
Some social media users were not convinced that it warranted a nomination.
One called it “an award that trashes a family” on Twitter.
Another said: “Knew TV viewing had dropped to a low, this has proved it.”
A third asked: “I thought they wanted out of the limelight?!"
However, others defended the royal couple and welcomed the nomination.
One tweeted: "Well that will p**s off a few Brits. I am happy for them. It was a good interview."
Tesco 'explosion' sees store evacuated after 'toxic gas released inside'
Another called it “beautiful and well deserved”.
A third wrote: "Congratulations to Meghan and Harry! I hope they win."
William was the first royal to publicly comment on the allegations, insisting that the royals were “very much not a racist family”.
The Queen later issued a statement, calling the issues “concerning”.
However, Her Majesty also said that “some recollections may vary”.
'9/11 survivor' says traders still worked after plane crashed into building
Following the Oprah interview, Harry did not relent in his criticism of the royals – at one point comparing his childhood to growing up in “a zoo”.
Earlier this month, he and Prince William stood shoulder to shoulder as they appeared in public together for the first time since April to unveil a statue in honour of their mum Princess Diana.
The Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex’s troubled relationship is well documented, but their mother was their main focus as they reunited on what would have been her 60th birthday on July 1.
The royal brothers made no speeches during the ceremony, but later said in a joint statement: "Today, on what would have been our Mother's 60th birthday, we remember her love, strength and character – qualities that made her a force for good around the world, changing countless lives for the better.
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
"Every day, we wish she were still with us, and our hope is that this statue will be seen forever as a symbol of her life and her legacy.
"Thank you to Ian Rank-Broadley, Pip Morrison and their teams for their outstanding work, to the friends and donors who helped make this happen, and to all those around the world who keep our mother's memory alive."
The Daily Star has approached Harry and Meghan's representative for comment.
For emotional support, you can call the Samaritans 24-hour helpline on 116 123, email firstname.lastname@example.org, visit a Samaritans branch in person or go to the Samaritans website.
Source: Read Full Article