As a result of this week’s pulling out from the COP26 United Nations climate change summit, royal sources have reportedly been instructed to take a "careful and cautious approach" to Her Majesty's diary in the future.
According to palace officials, the 95-year-old monarch – who was in hospital last week – will see her diary “carefully examined” for Christmas, as well as the next year, The Sun reports.
It was reported that doctors had ordered Queen Elizabeth to rest.
Moreover, authorities at Buckingham Palace are said to plan the head-of-state’s future engagements based on how she is feeling.
Additionally, her upcoming engagements will be reviewed by palace officials, who will examine whether she has to travel or not.
The Mirror reported that Buckingham Palace did not comment on the matter.
However, a royal source explained that the senior royals as a unit have “collectively discussed a greater need for collaboration in their projects together, whether that is explicitly working on the same topic or supporting each other on an ad-hoc basis, different plans will be drawn up to the ones that currently exist.”
The source added: “After the coronavirus restrictions have ended they all feel the need to get out and do more.
“The Queen is aware of the need to rest and that is what she is doing now.
“No doubt she will be back when she feels ready.”
On Friday October 22, reports revealed that Her Majesty had spent a night at King Edward VII hospital in London.
This followed palace sources describing her hospitalisation as “preliminary investigations” as a result of some “health worries”.
Nevertheless, Buckingham Palace has not delivered further information about The Queen’s night at the hospital to the public.
However, her stay at the care facility was followed by a missed a trip to church on Sunday.
It was since announced on Tuesday by officials that Queen Elizabeth had cancelled her rendezvous at the COP26 gathering in Glasgow.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
The monarch’s trip cancellation came after a statement from palace sources, who said she “regretfully decided” not to travel, but reassured that she was in "good spirits".
The Queen's former press secretary, Dickie Arbiter, said while appearing on Good Morning Britain today: "Given that there are reported to be 30,000 people pouring into Glasgow for this particular conference I think it's been the palace and her medical team being safer than sorry."
He continued: "There is concern that the infections will spike during the course of this COP26 conference. So they are keeping the Queen safe, keeping her safe in the bubble.
"She will carry on working, as we saw her yesterday, doing her audiences with ambassadors, doing her red boxes. But I think taking her to COP26 is a step too far."
For the latest breaking news from the Royal Family and stories from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article