An Australian man who claims to be the secret son of Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, said he received an apology from UK authorities.
Simon Dorante-Day was born on April 5, 1966, in Gosport, Portsmouth, in the UK, and was adopted by local couple, Karen and David Day.
The Day family had ties to the Royal Family as his adoptive grandparents, Winifred and Ernest Bowlden, had both worked for the Queen and Prince Philip.
According to Simon, his grandmother, Winifred told him many times he was the son of Camilla and Prince Charles.
The 55-year-old made plans in 2012 to return to the UK and investigate his paternity, but revealed that both he and his wife were placed on a "no travel list."
Speaking to 7NEWS.com.au, Dorante-Day alleges the step was taken by British authorities in an attempt to stop him finding out the truth.
He said: "I first went public with my belief that Charles and Camilla are my parents in 2005.
"I wrote a letter to the Paget Inquiry, set up (in 2004) to investigate Diana’s death, outlining all my evidence – which came about after more than a decade of solid research"
Dorante-Day claims Prince Charles was interviewed as a result of the letter and since then, "a lot of strange things" have happened to him and his family.
He told 7News: "One of them, was that my wife Elvianna and I were blocked from the UK.
“There’s a lot at stake if this comes out."
Get latest news headlines delivered free
Want all the latest shocking news and views from all over the world straight into your inbox?
We've got the best royal scoops, crime dramas and breaking stories – all delivered in that Daily Star style you love.
Our great newsletters will give you all you need to know, from hard news to that bit of glamour you need every day. They'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
The grandfather said he received a formal letter of apology from the Metropolitan Police following the failed visit.
Detective Inspector David Smith wrote: "Please also allow me to apologise on behalf to the Metropolitan police for any upset and concern this situation has caused your family and hopefully you are now able to move on."
Dorante-Day, who holds UK citizenship, was also removed from the no-fly list.
Meghan Markle sparks 'genuine concern' she could be 'booed' by British public
Prince Charles and Camilla's alleged son said his decision to release the letter stems from his desire to prove how "serious" his claims were.
He said: "There is so much that has happened in the background, a lot of communication with authorities in the UK and legal battles that people don’t know. I’ve researched this for decades, and every road has lead me back to Charles and Camilla.
“So I want people to read this letter and see that my claims were so serious, it even led to UK authorities banning me from the UK.
"They were clearly in the wrong, which is why they had to retract it – and formally apologise to me."
Source: Read Full Article