A 10-year-old girl died after her hair got caught in the drainage system of her family’s swimming pool.
Liaise Pegorini Franzen died in hospital after suffering cardiac arrest at her home in Santa Carina, Brazil on November 9.
The victim’s hair became caught in the pool drainage system and she was trapped underwater for a long period of time, reports say.
The news site G1 said family members rushed the girl to Hospital Sao Cristovao while she was in a state of cardiac arrest, however, doctors were unable to revive the youngster.
An investigation opened by the police, who are currently treating the girl’s death as accidental, remains ongoing.
She was buried in the Xanxere Municipal Cemetery on the morning of November 10.
The girl’s school, the Colegio Integracao in the town of Xanxere, said on Facebook after her death: “We can't find the words at this moment to express the pain at losing such a beloved little one, our little Laise.
"May God comfort the hearts of her parents and brothers. We will miss her every day at our school. Her smile, her way of being that enchanted everyone. You will remain in our hearts forever.”
She leaves behind her parents and two brothers.
UK weather: Exact day Brits will be blasted by six inches of snow in early winter freeze
To stay up to date with all the latest news, make sure you sign up for one of our newsletters here.
The news come following reports of an eight-year-old boy drowned on his first-ever overnight school camping trip.
Cooper Onyett's body was discovered at the Belfast Aquatics pool in Port Fairy, Victoria, Australia, while he was swimming with other pupils.
It is the second tragedy to hit the family after the boy's twin brother Ethan died before the pair were born.
His shattered mum Skye Meinen said her 'excited little boy' was looking forward to going on his first-ever camp and when she dropped him off she gave him a great big hug goodbye and said 'I'll see you on Friday''.
Source: Read Full Article