An Iranian general has claimed that the global outbreak of coronavirus could be due to a biological attack by the United States aimed at China and Iran.
Hossein Salami, the commander-in-chief of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, made the extraordinary claim as he addressed a crowd in Kerman today.
The general said: "We will win in the fight against the virus, which may be the product of American biological invasion, which first spread to China and then to Iran and the rest of the world.
Mail Online reports that members of the Guard regularly spread conspiracy theories and direct blame towards the United States, with the hostility increasing since the killing of leading general Qassem Soleimani in an American drone strike in January.
Coronavirus expert licks finger while warning people not to touch their mouths
Israel completely seals city of Bethlehem over coronavirus outbreak – 'No one can leave'
There is no evidence to support Salami's theory of American involvement, which scientists believe originated in China last year, where it spread from animals to humans.
Although the exact origin of the virus has not been confirmed yet, scientists suspect a seafood market in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
Iran has experienced 2,922 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with at least 92 people killed, according to local media.
A man who filmed the horrifying footage of body bags found in a hospital in the country was arrested this week .
The video, shared on Twitter by Mohamad Ahwaze, showed lines of body bags on the floor filled with people allegedly killed by coronavirus .
It is understood that the man has been identified as a suspected hospital worker but no other details have been disclosed yet.
Mysterious black rain falls on Japanese city days after fierce lightning storm
The footage, which has been viewed nearly one million times, was taken from inside a hospital in the city of Qom.
Qom is where the killer COVID-19 was first detected and is the region with the highest amount of deaths alongside Iran's capital, Tehran.
The first death of a coronavirus patient in the UK was confirmed on Thursday as the outbreak spread to more than 115 people.
The Royal Berkshire NHS Trust said one patient with underlying health conditions has died after testing positive for coronavirus.
It came as the number of coronavirus cases in the UK rose to 115 as the outbreak continues to spiral – with fears it could become a widespread pandemic.
Department of Health and Social Care officials confirmed eight of the known victims contracted the virus within the UK.
Source: Read Full Article